Since its creation in 1964, RICHEL Group has become a major player on a global scale, with the majority of its Sales coming from Exports.
We design, manufacture and develop complete greenhouse and shelter solutions for agriculture, construction and industry. Our mission is to provide our customers with reliable turnkey solutions that are long-lasting and best-in-class, by combining our in-house expertise - business, production, building work, R&D - in a broad range of disciplines including metal and textile structures, hydraulics, aeraulics, electricity, climate control and more.
A French company with headquarters in Eygalières, France, we employ around 300 people worldwide, with two main sites in France: Eygalières and Saint Barthélémy d’Anjou. Our sales are constantly on the increase and have now passed the 120 million-euro mark, making us the leader on our markets.
A family business for over 50 years, we are first and foremost a company on a human scale with family values. Determination to uphold our commitments, perseverance and open-mindedness are the values that define us. RICHEL owes its success to the sharing of these values, which, day after day, constitute our core strength and are put into practice by our in-house employees.
As a dependable, ambitious company, we offer job opportunities that give meaning to the daily life of our employees.
The primary responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager - Italy include managing and developing the Greenhouses and Equipment solutions of the RICHEL Group. He/she is in charge of overseeing commercial development and management of the Greenhouses and Equipment sales team in the assigned location.
Area Sales Managers implement the Business strategy in their assigned area to achieve the sales targets and goals by developing and coordinating the sales team in keeping with the commercial policy outlined by Top Management.
Working in the field, you will:
- Directly handle major customer accounts and ensure that product offering is compatible with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Independently manage the projects from the preliminary phase through to the cost estimation.
- Orchestrate order fulfilment within the various in-house departments (Sales administration, logistics, Design office, Works, etc.).
- Oversee technical and sales follow-up as well as nurture relationships with customers in order to gain and strengthen customer loyalty.
- Additionally, keep up to date with technical, product and commercial developments on the greenhouse and equipment market in your assigned area.
- As such, make business recommendations to senior-level officers for the design of products in your range based on competitive analysis and customer needs.
- Lead the regional sales managers in your area; approve quotations, business proposals, discounts, margins, orders, specific workflows and the work of your teams.
- Coordinate the monthly communication of sales forecasts for your entire team and ensure that these forecasts are reliable and consistent.
To be considered, you should:
- Hold a Master’s degree in agronomy, engineering or business.
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in the sale of complex technical projects with long sales cycles.
- Speak fluent Italian and have worked in Italy.
- Have a good command of English or French.
- Have experience managing a team of minimum 2 to 3 people.
- Be well versed in the sale of projects requiring the coordination of preliminary studies with a Design office.
- Possess excellent listening skills and be keenly attuned to customer needs.
- Be a diligent and conscientious worker and be able to painstakingly prepare cost estimates for complex building projects.
- Possess the skills to analyse various technical solutions in order to promote them in a highly competitive market.
- Handle stress well and be able to patiently manage sales cycles lasting over long periods of time.
- Apply experience in order to identify high priority projects on which to focus your attention.
Are you looking for an environment with stringent requirements where you can work at a high level of autonomy as part of a close-knit dedicated team?
Working out of a Home Office, ideally located in the north of Italy, you will travel regularly all over the country as well as to the two French sites (Eygalières and Saint Barthélémy d’Anjou) to carry out your projects. Your time will be equally spent between studying quotations at home and working on projects in the field or visiting customers.